For those sticking to the latest Krita release, the Krita Lime PPA has finally changed the official .deb binaries from Krita3-testing to stable builds, although Ubuntu 16.04 and old versions are not supported due to outdated version of Qt library provided.
So far the latest is Krita 3.1.1 that feathers:
- Fully OS X support.
- Krita can now, with FFmpeg render an animation to gif, mp4, mkv and ogg.
- There is now automated tweening of opacity between frames in an animation.
- New color selector
- The Quick Brush engine
- A stop-based gradient editor
- Added a halftone filter
Install /Upgrade to Krita 3.1 via PPA:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kritalime/ppa
Type in password (no visual feedback) when it asks and hit Enter.
2. Then update package index and install krita 3 via commands:
sudo apt update sudo apt install krita
If you have installed the previous krita3-testing package, remove it via command
sudo apt remove krita3-testing. For translations, install the
For those who are running with Krita version installed from Ubuntu Software App, you may upgrade it via Software Updater:
To remove the PPA as well as downgrade Krita to the stock version in Ubuntu 16.10, purge the PPA via ppa-purge tool:
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:kritalime/ppa