Mozilla Firefox has reached the 53.0 release. It features two new ‘compact’ themes and separate process for graphics compositing.
Firefox 53.0 release highlights:
- Graphics stability for Windows users with compositor process separation (Quantum Compositor)
- Two new ‘compact’ themes available, dark and light
- Reader Mode now displays estimated reading time for the page
- New visual design for audio and video controls
- Drop Windows XP, Vista, and 32-bit Mac OS X support.
- Drop Linux support for processors older than Pentium 4 and AMD Opteron
- Various security fixes. See the release note
Install Firefox 53 in Ubuntu:
The new release will be made into official Ubuntu repository soon, available for Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 17.04, and derivatives.
Just keep your Ubuntu up-to-date by installing regular updates via Software Updater, and you’ll get Firefox 53 once it’s published in THIS PAGE.
For non-install version, go to the official FTP download page:
Grab the Linux package, extract and run executable file to launch Firefox 53.