LightZone, an open-source professional-level digital darkroom software similar to DarkTable and Adobe Lightroom, finally reached the 4.1 release.
LightZone 4.1 brings some exciting new features, more translations and numerous new cameras supports:
- open an image via command line, OS context menu, or drag & drop on LightZone shortcut icon.
- full-screen mode is now supported on Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
- HiDPI retina mode is now supported in OS X
- You can now select multiple thumbnails with Ctrl-Shift-Click in photo browser
- support zoom in/out with Ctrl-wheel, and move the zoomed image with Ctrl-drag.
- you can now rotate the image with mouse wheel, and change the rotation grid origin with a click in Crop/Rotate mode
- Upresolution is now possible when converting an edited image.
- Raw files from the following cameras are now supported (additions to previously supported raw files):
- Canon: EOS 1D-X, EOS 6D, EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 70D, EOS 100D / SL1 / X7, EOS 700D / T5i / X7i, EOS 1200D / Rabel T5, Powershot G7 X, Powershot G12, Powershot G16, Powershot S120
- Epson: R-D1
- Fujifilm: Finepix S1, X-A1, X-E2, X-M1, X-T1, X20, X30, X100s, X100T, XQ1
- Leica: M9, X VARIO (TYP 107)
- Nikon: 1 AW1, 1 J3, 1 S1, 1 V2, 1 V3, Coolpix A, Coolpix P340, Coolpix P7800, D4S, D600, D810, D750, D800, D800E, D3300, D5300, D5200, D5500, D7100, D7200, DF
- Olympus: E-M10, E-M1, E-P3, E-P5, E-PL1S, E-PL2, E-PL3, E-PL7, E-PM1, STYLUS1, XZ-1, XZ-2
- Panasonic: DMC-FZ70, DMC-FZ200, DMC-FZ1000, DMC-G6, DMC-GF6, DMC-GM1, DMC-GX7, DMC-LF1, DMC-LX100
- Pentax: 645D, GR, K100D Super, K-3, K-5 II, K-5 IIs, K-50, K-500, Q7
- Samsung: EK-GN120, EX2F, NX1, NX10, NX20, NX200, NX300, NX1000, NX Mini
- Sony: A99, DSC-RX1R, DSC-RX10, DSC-RX100M2, DSC-RX100M3, DSLR-A230, DSLR-A290, DSLR-A380, DSLR-A500, DSLR-A580, ILCE-7, ILCE-7R, ILCE-3000, ILCE-5000, ILCE-5100, ILCE-6000, ILCE-QX1, SLT-A58 NEX-3, NEX-3N, NEX-5, NEX-5T, NEX-C3
- Raw processing is now multi-threaded with OpenMP.
How to install/upgrade LightZone in Ubuntu:
Thanks to Otto Meier, the new release has been made into PPA, available for Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04 and there derivatives, including Linux Mint 13/17, eOS Freya and Luna.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run:
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/lightzone
2. After adding the PPA, you can install the software from Synaptic Package Manager (you may first install the manager from Software Center).
or just run below commands one by one:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install lightzone
For those who don’t want to add PPA, grab the .deb package directly from PPA page.