What’s new in Wine 1.7 and 1.7.1:
- Support for keyed event objects.
- Support for the “init once” synchronization mechanism.
- Activation context support for DLLs, typelibs, and COM classes.
- Support for loading 32-bit typelibs on 64-bit.
- Various Mac driver fixes.
- Some fixes for serial port devices.
- Support for vertical text in the Postscript driver.
- Version 2 of liblcms used now instead of version 1.
- Unicode data updated to Unicode 6.2.0.
- Hyperlink controls supported in installers.
- Improved support for XML attributes.
- Various bug fixes.
If you want to install or upgrade this version, press Ctrl+Alt+T on your keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run below command to add the Wine PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
Then update the package lists and install:
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install wine1.7 winetricks
In the code its ‘wine1.6’, but it will actually install wine 1.7.1 on your system. To check out, run wine –version.
handbook@UbuntuRaring:~$ wine –version
Thanks…. installing under Pear OS 8 :)
Comments are closed.