Last updated on December 23rd, 2013
Currently Cantata has the following views:
- Library – sorted as Album Artist (or Artist if Album Artist not set), Album, and finally Track.
- Albums – displays albums as icons, sorted by their title.
- 3. Folders – displays MPDs virtual filesystem. (This view is hidden by default)
- 4. Playlists
- 5. Dynamic – dynamic playlists
- 6. Streams – allows saving of internet radio URLs
- 7. Online – Jamendo and Magnatune
- 8. Lyrics
- 9. Info – displays artist information from wikipedia/last.fm (via EchoNest)
- 10. Devices – enables copying from/to USB-Mass-Storage (UMS) and MTP devices, and ripping AudioCDs
New features in the latest Cantata 1.2.0:
- Opus audio format
- User-installable stream categories
- ShoutCast search
- Composer tag
- Slimmer toolbar (new time slider and volume control)
Install Cantata via PPA:
If you’ve already installed MPD on your system, you can new run below commands one by one in terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) to install the latest Cantata:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/cantata sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install mpd cantata
Once installed, open it from Unity Dash or Menu.
Source code is available in code.google.com/p/cantata