Google Keep is a free note taking service from Google. It’s available on Google Play for the Android mobile operating system and on Google Drive as a web application.
This tutorial will show you how to install Google Keep, based on Chrome browser, in Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr.
To get started:
1. Download the Google Chrome web browser at: chrome.google.com
You may check out your OS type (32 or 64 bit) via System Settings -> Details -> Overveiw.
2. Install the package via Ubuntu Software Center, or by running the below command in terminal (press Ctrl+Alt+T to open terminal):
sudo dpkg -i google-chrome-stable_current_*.deb && sudo apt-get -f install
3. Open Chrome browser and go to Google Keep for Chrome page.
Click on the blue button which says “Free” and then select add to Chrome.
4. Once you installed this app, type in chrome://apps/ in address bar to go to the Chrome Apps page.
There you’ll see a list of app shortcuts including Google Keep. Right-click on the icon and select “Create Shortcuts…”
5. Select creating shortcut icon on Desktop or Application Menu in next window:
Now open Google Keep from menu or desktop and enjoy!