Today Oracle announced a new maintenance release for its Virtualbox 5.0 release with many fixes.
Virtualbox 5.0.12 is the 6th maintenance release in VBox 5.0 series, which brings a few UI improvements, several XHCI and audio fixes, LBA64 support to be able to boot from huge hard disks, a fix to random crash on VM shutdown, and below changes to Linux hosts / guests:
- Fix .desktop file compatibility issue
- Fix compile on RHEL 7.2
- Recompile the host kernel modules changes to /sbin/rcvboxdrv
- Add Python 2.7 bindings for Solaris hosts
- Fix a VM hang during startup
- some fixes for PCI passthrough
- and more at this page.
How to Install / Upgrade:
The .deb installers for all current Ubuntu releases are available for download at the link below:
If you’ve a previous release installed and accepted adding the VB repository while the installation, you may have already received the upgrade notification in Software Updater: