A new maintenance release, VirtualBox 5.1.18, was released last night just one week after the last release.
VirtualBox 5.1.18 is a small release with following bug-fixes:
- For Windows guests, fixed following issues:
- Shared folders with long path are not mounted properly
- Shared folder became case sensitive in 5.1.16
- API: fixed snapshot handling of medium attachments and PCI device attachments
- API: make 32-bit Windows guests in raw mode boot again if the ICH9 chipset is used
- VBoxBugReport: fixed VM log collection issue
- Linux hosts: fixed autostart service script
- Windows Additions: fixed automatic logins for Windows Vista and newer
Download / Install VirtualBox 5.1.18 in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, and their derivatives, the DEB packages are available for download at the link below:
[ac-button url=”https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads” target=”_blank”]VirtualBox Linux Download Page[/ac-button]
You can also add Virtualbox Linux repository, and receive updates via Software Updater (Update Manager) by following the steps below one by one:
1. Open terminal from Unity Dash, App Launcher, or via Ctrl+Alt+T keys. When it opens, run command:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -cs) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list'
$(lsb_release -cs) section in the code returns your Ubuntu code-name.
2. Then download & install the GPG key:
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox_2016.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add - wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
3. Finally you’re able to upgrade VirtualBox using Software Updater:
Or simply run commands in terminal:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install virtualbox-5.1