The sixth bug fix release of Krita 4.2 was released a day ago. There are a lot of bug-fixes in Krita 4.2.7 including:
- Improve the layout and functionality of the color selector dialog
- Make it possible again to run the Python Scripting Debugger on Linux
- Fix outline move mode
- Fix move action in the bezier selection tool
- Add a simple progress bar when saving .kra files
- Fix outline of Group Layers, preview of shape layers in Move Tool and Transform Tool
- Raise the maximum FPS limit to 300 fps from 100 fps
- And much more other changes. See release note for details.
Download / Install Krita 4.2.7 in Ubuntu:
There are so far 3 ways installing or running Krita in Ubuntu.
Appimage is a single executable file to run Krita in 64-bit Linux desktop.
Download the appimage, then make executable in file’s right-click menu Properties dialog. And finally run the file to launch Krita.
Krita flatpak is a containerized softare package runs in sandbox.
Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and you can run following commands one by one to install Krita Flatpak in Ubuntu 18.04 and higher:
# Install flatpak framework via command:
sudo apt install flatpak
# Add flathub repository which hosts large list of flatpak packages:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
# Finally install Krita flatpak:
flatpak install flathub org.kde.krita
(Optional) To remove the Krita flatpak package:
flatpak uninstall org.kde.krita
Native Ubuntu .deb package:
If you installed an old version of Krita from Ubuntu Software. You can add the Krita Lime PPA to install or upgrade the package via Software Updater.
NOTE The PPA does not update for Krita 4.2.7 at the moment of writing. Check the PPA link.
# To add the PPA, open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kritalime/ppa
# Then you can either upgrade Krita via Software Updater, or install the software via command:
sudo apt install krita
(Optional) To manage the PPA, simply open Software & Updates utility and navigate to Other Software tab.