Cantata, an open-source qt5 graphical MPD Client, released version 2.4.0 a days ago. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10, and Ubuntu 20.04.
Cantata is now in a bug-fix only state. Version 2.4.0 is likely to be the last feature release. Changes in the release include:
- Add ‘Read offset’ setting for AudioCDs.
- Show invalid files in playlists using red text.
- Add ‘Remove Invalid Tracks’ to playlist context menu.
- Allow OPML URLs in podcast add URL dialog.
- Allow to read local RSS/OPML files in podcast search dialog.
- Add action to export current podcast subscriptions to OPML file.
- Add searching for radio stations on Community Radio Browser.
- Show bits in technical info.
- Add –fullscreen command-line option to start fullscreen.
- Add ‘aac’ and ‘libfdk_aac’ as supported encoders.
How to Install Cantata 2.4.0 in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10, and upcoming Ubuntu 20.04, you can install the new release package via the unofficial PPA.
1. Open terminal either by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard or by searching for ‘terminal’ from app launcher. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/cantata-qt
Type user password (no asterisk feedback while typing) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. For those who have a previous release installed, upgrade Cantata via Software Updater:
or install it for the first time via commands:
sudo apt update sudo apt install cantata mpd
To remove cantata MPD client either use system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove cantata
To remove the PPA repository, launch Software & Updates utility and navigate to Other Software tab.
Thank you very much!
Comments are closed.