Last updated on October 30th, 2020
Digital painting software Krita 4.4.0 was officially release today with great new features and hundreds of bug-fixes.
What’s new in Krita 4.4.0:
- Multi-threading for fill layers – it will be a lot faster for computer with multi cores.
- The different pattern transforms possible now.
- New fill layer type: Screentone
- New fill layer Multigrid
- Integration of Disney Animation’s SeExpr expression language.
- Diagonal selection lines in MyPaint color selector (Shift+M)
- Support for dynamic changing of gradients based on the current fore and background colors.
How to Install Krita 4.4.0 in Ubuntu:
The Krita Lime PPA maintains the latest packages for Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 20.04.
[ac-box style=”tip”]Krita is also available as non-install appimage package.[/ac-box]
1. Open terminal either by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard or by searching for ‘terminal’ from system application menu. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kritalime/ppa
Type user password (no asterisk feedback) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. Then upgrade Krita via Software Updater:
or run command one by one in terminal to install or upgrade the painting software:
sudo apt update sudo apt install krita
To remove the PPA, launch Software & Updates and navigate to Other Software tab.
To remove Krita, run command:
sudo apt remove --autoremove krita krita-*