Latte Dock 0.10.0, the popular dock launcher for KDE Plasma, is available with exciting new features.
The release introduced floating dock and panel feature. In “Edit Dock -> Appearance” settings you can move the slider of “Screen edge” under Margins, so the dock/panel will no longer stick to the screen edge.
As well, it now supports having multiple docks and panels on the same screen edge, ten different visibility modes, ondemand sidebars, and adjusting background radius and background shadow size.
Other changes include:
- inform Plasma Desktop about panels and docks geometries
- provide internal Widgets Explorer dialog so it works in GNOME and XFCE
- support multiple Latte Tasks in the same dock or panel
- improve applets positioning for Justify alignment in latte panels
- support latte centric applets that can use parabolic effect easily
- inform window managers about docks visible area
- support Plasma Margins Area Separators
- user can specify custom color scheme per layout
- redesign and improve all layouts dialogs
- use templates for all layout functionality
- provide move/copy/paste functionality for docks and panels
- export layouts and docks/panels as templates for public use
How to Install Latte Dock 0.10.0 in KUbuntu:
There’s no binary package so far unless building from the source tarball. If you intend to install it, firstly download the source from:
Next, extract the source tarball in file manager. Right-click on source folder and select “Open Terminel Here”. When terminal opens, run the installer script to build & install it via command:
NOTE that the installer will NOT work until you installed all required build dependents. I don’t know exactly what to install, but I just installed all the dev libraries from the official Ubuntu build package.
It works in KUbuntu 21.04, though it may be too much.
sudo apt install cmake build-essential extra-cmake-modules g++ gettext kirigami2-dev libkf5activities-dev libkf5archive-dev libkf5coreaddons-dev libkf5crash-dev libkf5dbusaddons-dev libkf5declarative-dev libkf5globalaccel-dev libkf5guiaddons-dev libkf5i18n-dev libkf5iconthemes-dev libkf5kio-dev libkf5newstuff-dev libkf5notifications-dev libkf5plasma-dev libkf5wayland-dev libkf5windowsystem-dev libkf5xmlgui-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libsm-dev libx11-dev libx11-xcb-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxcb-shape0-dev libxcb-util-dev libxcb1-dev pkg-config pkg-kde-tools qtbase5-dev qtdeclarative5-dev
And after successfully installed Latte Dock, reboot to apply changes.