Anatine is a new open-source Desktop Twitter App for Linux, Windows, and OS X. It offers mobile Twitter interface with keyboard shortcuts support and extended features.
Anatine is only 3 months old and so far it features:
- Hides promoted tweets
- Dark Mode (Ctrl+Shift+D)
- Context menu for save images.
- system tray icon to toggle the window.
Install Anatine in Ubuntu:
A non-install Linux package is available from the link below, just download, extract, and run Anatine executable from result folder.
[ac-button url=”https://github.com/sindresorhus/anatine/releases” target=”_blank”]Download Anatine for Linux (.zip)[/ac-button]
For those who want to install the software, so it can be launched from Unity Dash / App Launcher, do:
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to extract downloaded package to /opt:
sudo unzip ~/Downloads/Anatine-linux-*.zip -d /opt/Anatine
2. Create a shortcut for the app by running command:
The command creates and opens a
.desktop file with Gedit text editor. Just paste below lines into the file and save it.
[Desktop Entry] Name=Anatine Exec=/opt/Anatine/Anatine Terminal=false Type=Application Icon=/opt/Anatine/resources/app/static/Icon.png
3. Finally launch Anatine from Unity Dash and enjoy!
4. (Optional) For any reason you want to remove the software, simply run command:
sudo rm -rf /opt/Anatine && rm ~/.local/share/applications/anatine.desktop