Last updated on April 4th, 2019
GnuCash 2.6.17, the seventeenth maintenance release in the 2.6-stable series of the free financial-accounting software, was released 2 weeks ago. Now you can install it via
GetDeb repository in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, and Linux Mint 18.x.
GnuCash 2.6.17 fixed following bugs:
- Relax the account type change restrictions. Prevent changing some Account Options if it has transactions.
- Improve the styling of the table element used for foreign currencies in the Balance sheet report so they end up aligned with the other currencies.
- link in github repo README file needs correction/editing
- Add ‘transaction’ to the schema and document it in gnc-pricedb.h.
- Fix that Online Banking Wizard Crashes for Windows (gnucash-on-windows)
- Also separate translatable commodity namespace strings from those used in storage.
- Transactions produced by Transfer Funds or Process Payment dialogs sort to beginning of day and do not honor NUM field for custom sorting.
- Fix Stock Split Assistant crashes if you enter a New Price and that already exists in the Price DB
- Fix gnucash-2.6.16 segfaults on startup
- Fix typo in ‘import customers or vendors from text file’ dialog
How to Install GnuCash 2.6.17 in Ubuntu:
Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run following commands one by one:
1. Add the GetDeb repository via command:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc)-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'
For Linux Mint 18.x, run following command instead to add the repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'
2. Upgrade GnuCash via Software Updater utility if you have a previous release installed:
Or install it via commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gnucash
To remove GnuCash, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove gnucash
The GetDeb repository can be removed via Software & Updates utility under Other Software tab.