Battle for Wesnoth released a new regular update for the 1.14 series. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, and higher.
Wesnoth 1.14.6 release highlights:
- Fixed some AI crashes.
- New parameter default_ai_algorithm for setting the default AI
- New parameter mp_rank for setting the order in which AIs appear in the MP computer player selection menu
- New option “Keep saved AI” when reloading games from the MP Create Game screen.
- Fix Lua AIs using the ai.stopunit_*() functions potentially creating infinite candidate action loops
- Many fixes and improvements to campaigns.
- Miscellaneous and bug fixes
How to Install Battle for Wesnoth 1.14.6 in Ubuntu:
[ac-box style=”tip”]For those don’t prefer Flatpak package, use the unofficial PPA though the Wesnoth 1.14.6 package will be available in some days later.[/ac-box]
The new release package has been made into Flatpak package, available to install via the Flathub repository.
1. (For Ubuntu 16.04 only), open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcut or by searching for ‘terminal’ from app launcher. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak sudo apt-get update
2. Install flatpak framework via command:
sudo apt-get install flatpak
3. Add flathub repository:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
4. Finally install the flatpak package of Battle for Wesnoth:
flatpak install flathub org.wesnoth.Wesnoth
Once installed, launch the game either from software launcher, or by running command flatpak run
(Optional) 5. To remove the game, run command:
flatpak uninstall org.wesnoth.Wesnoth