HPLIP, HP print, scan, and fax drivers for Linux, released 3.20.5 a few days ago with new printers and Linux distributions support.
HPLIP 3.20.5 added following new devices support:
- HP DeskJet 1200, Ink Advantage 1200
- HP DeskJet 2300 All-in-One, Ink Advantage 2300 All-in-One
- HP ENVY 6000 series, Pro 6400 series.
- HP DeskJet Plus 6000, 6400 series
- HP DeskJet 2700 and Ink Advantage 2700 All-in-One Printer series
- HP DeskJet Plus 4100, Ink Advantage 4100 All-in-One Printer series
- HP LaserJet Enterprise M610dn, M611dn, M611x, M612dn, M612x
- HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M634dn, M634z, M635h, M635fht, M636fh
- HP LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M634h, M635z, M636z
The new release also added support for Debian 10.3, and Manjaro 19.0.
There’s also known issues that USB print and scan will not work on Vasari and Taccola on Ubuntu 20.04, please refer to link: manpages.ubuntu.com.
How to Install HPLIP 3.20.5 in Ubuntu:
[ac-box style=”tip”]Due to requirement of old legacy python 2 libraries, HPLIP 3.20.5 does not install on Ubuntu 20.04.[/ac-box]
1. To install the software, download the package “hplip-3.20.5.run” from the link below:
[ac-button size=”large” style=”flat” color=”tan” url=”https://sourceforge.net/projects/hplip/files/hplip/” target=”_blank”]HPLIP Download Page[/ac-button]
2. Then open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run command to give executable permission:
chmod +x ~/Downloads/hplip-3.20.5.run
3. Finally run command to start installing the driver:
Follow the terminal output and answer some questions. If everything goes OK, plug or re-plug your HP devices and enjoy!
Hplip 3.19.12 wont install on 20.04 either
hplip so far requires old python2 libraries which have been dropped in Ubuntu 20.04.
I switched from Windows 7 to Ubuntu. Ubuntu is new for me. I just installed Ubuntu 20.04 and HPLIP 3.20.5 to connect my HP Business InkJet 1200D. Firmware of Printer has latest release but it does not start printing. Printer picks the sheet and then all ink lights of all cartriges start blinking. It prints fine in windows 7 and xp. All ink levels show good in status window in win xp. even replaced cartriges, Still not printing in Ubuntu. Tried the same with Ubuntu 18.04. same issue. Any ideas will be appreciated.
What a mess. RE-CHECKING DEPENDENCIES
error: A required dependency ‘libnetsnmp-devel (libnetsnmp-devel – SNMP networking library development files)’ is still missing.
error: Installation cannot continue without this dependency.
error: Please manually install this dependency and re-run this installer.
I am a Linux newbie.
After a lot of time researching Linux distros I finally switched from Windows 10 to Ubuntu 20.04.03.
I am disappointed that I cannot print or scan on my HP Deskjet 2700 printer. Ubuntu printers app does recognize the said printer but does not print or show any error message.
Any volunteers to help out? Thank you.
Comments are closed.