Virtualbox 4.3.2, the first maintenance release of virtualbox 4.3 was released with lots of bugfixes. Here’s how to upgrade it in Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy, Ubuntu 13.04 Raring, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise, Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal and Linux Mint.
What’s New in Virtualbox 4.3.2:
- VMM: fixed restoring of the auxiliary TSC MSR in VT-x that caused host BSODs on Windows 8.1 hosts and unpredictable behavior on other hosts
- VMM: provide fake values for a couple of MSRs to make more guests happy on certain hosts
- VMM: fixed detection of VT-x on certain machines where the BIOS would not set the VMX LOCK feature bit, which affected the VM settings in the GUI
- VMM: fixed TPR threshold which caused BSODs on Windows XP guests that use the I/O APIC (VT-x only;
- VMM: fixed PATM saved state incompatibility for software virtualized VMs
- VMM: don’t fail if AMD-V isn’t available if the VM is configured to use software virtualization
- GUI: fixed guest resize breakage on visual representation mode change (when switching from normal to fullscreen etc)
- GUI: make sure the guest screen is resized after restoring a VM from a saved state if the host screen size changed
- GUI: disabled SCROLL LED sync from HID LEDs synchronization (Mac OS X hosts only)
- Webcam passthrough improvements including GUI support (see the manual for more information)
- Guest Control: implemented more IGuestSession methods
- Guest Control: added support for deleting and renaming guest files + directories in VBoxManage
- Guest Control: various bugfixes
- API: incorrect handling of hardware UUID default value, resulting in an all zero DMI/SMBIOS UUID, which leads to Windows requesting re-activation
- 3D support: fixed crash on shutdown if 2D video acceleration is enabled (Mac OS X hosts only)
- 3D support: miscellaneous fixes
- Storage: fixed detection of CD/DVD media when switching from an empty to a host drive with passthrough enabled
- Storage: fixed hang of the VM process when the disk is full under certain circumstances
- NAT: listen for changes of NAT Network setting at runtime
- NAT: NAT Network DHCP server now saves leases to a persistent storage
- Main: monitor changes in host DNS configuration
- Mac OS X host: reworked a mechanism of adding a VM desktop alias from the VM selector
- Mac OS X installer: remove old kernel extensions during upgrade
- Linux Additions: correctly set umask before installing
- X11 Additions/3D: fix freezes starting 3D desktop
- X11 Additions/3D: fix depth buffer support
- X11 Additions/3D: fix Age Of Empires 3 rendering
- Windows Additions/3D: fix Google Earth plugin rendering
- Windows Additions/WDDM: autoresize fixes
Install or Upgrade Virtualbox 4.3.2:
You can easily get this version from Virtualbox for Linux official download page.
Or install it from Virtualbox repository for Linux. Press Ctrl+Alt+T on your keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run commands below one by one to add the repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list' wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
In the code, change $(lsb_release -sc) to:
- raring for Ubuntu 13.10, Linux 15 & 16.
- quantal for Linux Mint 14
- precise for Linux Mint 13 & Elementary OS Luna.
After that, update packages list and install Virtuablox via:
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.3
it worked. thanks! :)
Excellent post, thank you very much!
Comments are closed.