Texmaker, an open source LaTeX editor with an integrated PDF viewer, has finally reached v4.3 with new features and translation updates.
Texmaker is entirely a Qt app that works on Windows, Linux and Macos. The editor includes full unicode support, inline spell checking, auto-completion, code folding and rectangular block selection. Regular expressions are also supported for the find-and-replace actions.
The latest Texmaker 4.3 was released on August 1st, 2014 with below changes:
- a visual diff view has been added to the “source viewer” (differences between the current files loaded in the editor and in the “source viewer”) based on jsdifflib from Chas Emerick (BSD license)
- when a command fails, the command is now displayed with the error message “Could not start the command”
- an “reload all documents from file” option has been added to the “File” menu (users request)
- if a “completion.txt” file is found in the same directory than texmaker.exe on windows, in the “/usr/share/texmaker/” folder on linux and in the “Resources” subdirectory of the .app package on macosx, all items from this file will be added automatically for the autocompletion (the syntax must be the same than for the .”Customize completion” option of the “User” menu.
- an option to launch the “Clean” tool when exiting the program has been added (users request)
- a texmaker man page and a texmaker.menu file have been added in the “utilities” directory of the source (thanks to Bernd Warken for the man-page)
- the cs, el, es, hu and se translations have been updated (thanks to all the translators)
Install Texmaker 4.3 in Ubuntu:
The official website provides .deb installer available for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Ubuntu 13.10, Ubuntu 13.04, and Ubuntu 12.10.
First check out your OS type, 32-bit (i386) or 64-bit (amd64), by going to System Settings -> Details.
Then download the package that matches your Ubuntu edition and os type:
[ac-button size=”large” color=”blue” url=”http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/download.html#linux” target=”_blank”]Download Texmaker[/ac-button]
Finally double-click the package in file browser to open it with Ubuntu Software Center and click install.