MKVToolNix 19.0.0 “Brave Captain” was released a few days ago. The source code repository, bug tracker and wiki have been moved to GitLab.
MKVToolNix 19.0.0 release highlights:
- mkvmerge will now consider the first key frame within 1ms of the requested value to be eligible for splitting.
- the GUI will now save and restore the widths of columns in tree and list views.
- when closing or reloading a modified file, the GUI will now focus the first element that’s been modified before asking the user for confirmation regarding discarding unsaved changes.
- See the news page for more details.
How to Install MKVToolNix 19.0.0 in Ubuntu:
The tool has an official Linux repository offers the latest packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10 so far.
Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching it from app launcher. When it opens, do following steps:
1. Run command to add the repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb https://mkvtoolnix.download/ubuntu/ $(lsb_release -sc) main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bunkus.org.list'
$(lsb_release -sc) with
xenial for Linux Mint 18.x. And input your password (no visual feedback while typing) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. Then install the key:
wget -q -O - https://mkvtoolnix.download/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.txt | sudo apt-key add -
3. Finally either upgrade the software via Software Updater (Update Manager):
or run command to install the software packages:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install mkvtoolnix mkvtoolnix-gui
To remove the repository, launch Software & Updates utility and navigate to Other Software tab.
To remove MKVToolNix, use Synaptic Package Manager or run following command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove mkvtoolnix mkvtoolnix-gui
doesn’t work due to this update: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html#ubuntu
Comments are closed.