Vivaldi web browser 2.11 was released a few days ago. The new release features pop-out video improvements and themes update.
Vivaldi 2.11 brings pop-out video improvements. Now you can easily launch the separate, floating video window via a single click on a small video box icon displayed in the center of the video.
Other changes in the new release include:
- The default browser theme will follow system’s Dark/Light mode.
- Add F6/Shift+F6 focus handling. allows moving keyboard focus between a few UI elements and active pages.
- Improved full-screen tab casting that adjusts to fit in the current window.
- And various stability improvements and fixes.
Download / Install Vivaldi in Ubuntu:
The official Ubuntu .DEB packages are available for download at the link below:
[ac-button style=”flat” size=”large” color=”tan” url=”https://vivaldi.com/download/” target=”_blank”]Download Vivaldi (DEB)[/ac-button]
Grab the deb matches your OS type, then install it via either Ubuntu Software or Gdebi package manager. Or run command in terminal:
sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/vivaldi-stable_2.11*.deb
You may also add the official Vivaldi apt repository to your system, to be able to receive the browser package updates via Software Updater utility.
Open terminal by either pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard or searching for terminal from application menu. When it opens, run following commands one by one:
1. Download and install the repository keyring:
wget -qO- https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add -
Typer user password when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. Add Vivaldi repository via command:
sudo add-apt-repository 'deb https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/deb/ stable main'
3. Finally check updates and install the web browser via command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install vivaldi-stable
Or upgrade from an old version via Software Updater utility.
(Optional): To remove Vivaldi apt repository from you system, launch Software & Updates and navigate to Other Software tab.