Qmmp, an Qt based and winamp or xmms like audio player, has reached the 1.1.10 (and 0.10.10 for Qt4) release last night.
Changes in Qmmp 1.1.10 & 0.10.10 include:
- added feature to download playlist from https
- increased DirectSound buffer size
- decreased waiting time in the WASAPI plugin
- improved plugin list in the settings dialog
- fixed regression in the ‘jump to track’ dialog
- fixed possible segmentation fault
- fixed seeking in the ffmpeg plugin
- fixed null pointer dereference in the mpeg plugin
- fixed gcc warnings
- fixed dithering settings
- fixed 24 bits support in the WASAPI plugin
- fixed segmentation fault on Ogg FLAC streams
- fixed XPM skins support
- fixed Qt 5.9 support in the global hotkey plugin (1.1.10 only)
- updated translations.
How to Install Qmmp 1.1.10 (or 0.10.10) in Ubuntu:
Qmmp has an PPA repository that offers the latest packages for Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, and their derivatives.
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or from app launcher, and then run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:forkotov02/ppa
2. Then update and install Qmmp and its plugins:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install qmmp qmmp-plugin-pack
The commands install Qmmp 1.1.10 (Qt5 version) in Ubuntu 16.04 & higher, and Qmmp 0.10.10 (Qt4 version) in Ubuntu 14.04 & Ubuntu 12.04.
For Ubuntu 16.04 and higher users who want to install Qmmp 0.10.10 (Qt4 version), run following commands instead:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install qmmp-qt4 qmmp-plugin-pack-qt4
You can manage the PPA repository via Software & Updates utility, under Other Software tab.
To remove Qmmp music player, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove qmmp qmmp-plugin-pack