Qt5 graphical MPD client Cantata 2.3.1 was released earlier today. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 17.10, Ubuntu 16.04, and/or Ubuntu 14.04.
Cantata 2.3.1 was released with a large number of changes. Here are some of them:
- Set Smart rules ‘files added in the last days’ limit to 10*365
- Fix enabling of add/replace play queue actions for Jamendo/Magnatune.
- Use JSON to encode song details when adding online tracks.
- Fix crash if try to expand dirble and
--no-networkpassed to Cantata.
- Remove custom icon theme, and just use FontAwesome.
- Add genius.com to list of lyrics providers.
- Some lyrics improvements.
- Fix playback of downloaded podcasts.
- Fix saving of podcast images to JPG.
- Limit SoundCloud results to 200 matches.
- Add file max-age to dynamic playlist rules.
- Some UI improvements, and translation updates.
How to Install Cantata 2.3.1 in Ubuntu:
For all current Ubuntu releases, you can install Cantata 2.3.1 via the unofficial PPA.
1. Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcuts or by searching for ‘terminal’ from app launcher. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/cantata-qt
Input your password (no visual feedback while typing) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. For those who have a previous release installed, upgrade Cantata via Software Updater:
or install it for the first time via commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cantata mpd
To remove cantata MPD client either use system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove cantata
To remove the PPA repository, launch Software & Updates utility and navigate to Other Software tab.