The DVD authoring tool DVDStyler finally supports Variable Bit Rate (VBR) encoding by default since the 3.0.2 release.
Manolito’s VBR plug-in was initially supported in DVDStyler 3.0, but it was not included in the source. By releasing the second point release, DVDStyler now includes the plugin and enable it by default.
Other changes in DVDStyler 3.0.2:
- improved handling of process messages
- changed encoding of menu and slideshow to use constant bitrate (CBR)
- fixed using of transcoding cache after restarting of DVDStyler
- Windows: updated ffmpeg to version 3.1.2
How to install DVDStyler 3.0.2 in Ubuntu 16.04, 14.04:
Besides building the software from source, I’ve made new release into PPA (unofficial) available for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 14.04, and derivatives.
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/dvdstyler
2. If you have a previous release installed, launch Software Updater and upgrade DVDStyler after checking for updates:
Or you can install DVDStyler 3.0.2 either via Synaptic Package Manager, or using the commands below in terminal:
sudo apt update sudo apt install dvdstyler
3. (Optional) To remove DVDStyler from your Ubuntu system, run the command below in terminal:
sudo apt remove dvdstyler && sudo apt autoremove
And the PPA can be removed via Software & Updates utility (Other Software tab).