DVDStyler, a free cross-platform DVD authoring software, has reached 2.9.x release for a couple of months, though Ubuntu repositories still provide very old versions, i.e., DVDStyler 2.7 for 14.10/15.04 and 2.5 for 14.04 LTS.
For the 2.7 to 2.9 release of DVDStyler, there are a lots of new features, fixes and some other changes, such as:
- added selection of player for preview
- possibility to normalize audio (replay gain)
- ability to choose 5.1 audio and normalizing as default in the settings
- possibility to select border or crop to keep aspect ratio
- possibility to set default subtitle properties
- possibility to rotate objects and buttons
- possibility to play all titlesets
- possibility to keep and use cached files after restarting of DVDStyler
For details, see this page.
Install/Upgrade to DVDStyler 2.9.2 in Ubuntu/Linux Mint:
Thanks to Héctor Sales Llamas from the bug report page, I’ve finally built the 2.9.2 release into PPA, available for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 15.04 and Linux Mint 17.
NOTE for Ubuntu 14.04/Linux Mint 17 users, you may first remove the packages libwxsvg0 and libwxsvg-dev via command:
sudo apt-get remove libwxsvg0 libwxsvg-dev
1. To add the PPA, open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/dvdstyler
2. After adding the PPA repository, you should be able to upgrade DVDStyler through Software Updater (or Updater Manager).
Or you can run below commands to install it from terminal:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install dvdstyler dvdstyler-data mjpegtools
If for some reason you want to remove/downgrade the software, install ppa-purge and purge the PPA via below commands:
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge sudo ppa-purge ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/dvdstyler
For issues, please report to this page.