Open source DVD authoring tool DVDStyler 3.1 was released a day ago with enhancements. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 19.04, Ubuntu 18.10, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 16.04, and their derivatives.
DVDStyler 3.1 release highlights:
- Added some new buttons (movie, settings, etc.)
- Added possibility to create a new button from SVG file
- Added possibility to edit buttons
- Added frame-text button and template
- Fixed functionality of command “call last menu;” if specified for a chapter
- Added support of HD videos (experimental, can be activated in settings)
- Fix compiling issue with FFmpeg 4.
- Many other bug-fixes.
How to Install DVDStyler 3.1 in Ubuntu:
Ubuntu 16.04 users have to run command to add the PPA that contains FFMPEG 4 libraries.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonathonf/ffmpeg-4
DO NOT do following steps if you want to keep Ubuntu default FFmpeg libraries in Ubuntu 16.04
Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcut or by searching for ‘terminal’ from app menu. When it opens, do following steps one by one to install DVDStyler from the unofficial PPA:
1. To add the PPA, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/dvdstyler
Type user password (no asterisk feedback due to security reason) when it asks and hit Enter to continue.
2. After that, either search for and install dvdstyler via Synaptic (or other) Package Manager, or run the commands one by one in terminal to update and install the tool:
sudo apt update sudo apt install dvdstyler
With the PPA repository added, you can receive future updates via Software Updater once a new release is out and made into PPA.
How to Uninstall:
To remove DVDStyler, either use Synaptic Package Manager or run the command below in terminal:
sudo apt remove --auto-remove dvdstyler dvdstyler-data
And the PPA can be removed by going to System Settings -> Software & Updates -> Other Software tab.