GIMP image editor 2.99.4 was released a few days ago as the second development release for the next major GIMP 3.0.
Release highlights include:
- Usability fixes across various parts of GIMP
- New Paint Select tool in the playground
- New generic dialog generation and metadata support API for export plug-ins
- Multi-threaded JPEG2000 decoding
- Initial documentation on porting plug-ins to 3.0
As Xmas present, there’s also a comic strip in the release note:
How to Install GIMP 2.99.4 in Ubuntu Linux
The new release has been made as Flatpak package available to install via flathub beta channel. Like the previous GIMP 2.99.2, you can follow this how to guide to install it in Ubuntu.