Both Light Table IDE 0.6.1 and 0.6.2 were released yesterday which bring various bug fixes and a few improvements.
Light Table is a new interactive IDE developed by Chris Granger, it lets you modify running programs and embed anything from websites to games. It provides the real time feedback we need to not only answer questions about our code, but to understand how our programs really work.
Light Table IDE is now open source since version 0.6.0. The current releases are the first updates and below is the changelog:
- FIX: styling bug that caused light themes to be unusable
- FIX: build instructions for all platforms. Add in build scripts for each.
- FIX: active line in solarized theme (Gozala)
- FIX: re-enable workspace behavior diffs
- FIX: Plugins should not say they need an update if there’s no version available on the server
- FIX: Read keymaps safely so that errors are reported.
- FIX: remove readlink -f from the mac startup script
- FIX: provide skin/theme shold work correctly now (joshuafcole)
- FIX: Catch errors while walking the file system (zoranzaric)
- FIX: look in 64bit dirs first in the linux64 run script and add other dirs to fix openSUSE (wesleywiser)
- FIX: line-endings were not being added correctly to the ends of files.
- FIX: set the default screen size to be smaller so that LT doesn’t open off screen
- FIX: type in plugin dialog (rmunn)
- FIX: Add SQL file type back in
- FIX: External browsers don’t disconnect correctly
- FIX: remove inconsistencies in the plugin manager
- FIX: pmeta in :- keymaps didn’t work
- FIX: better error handling in the local client
- FIX: make functions return correctly from external browser connections
- FIX: add LightTable.app to .gitignore (DomKM)
- FIX: dramatically better line numbering styles for the default theme
- FIX: line numbers now correctly size and stay right-aligned.
- FIX: remove use of rtl that causes very weird file name display behavior in navigator.
- CHANGE: Auto-complete is now auto-show by default
- ADDED: lt.objs.plugins/find-plugin for use in finding the current plugin dir
- ADDED: `Console: set buffer size`
- ADDED: Code folding with `Editor: fold code at cursor` command (efuquen)
- ADDED: travis-ci (sieben)
- ADDED: set the save dialog’s first location to a sensible path (can3p and ndr-qef)
- ADDED: .zsh and .zshrc file extensions
- ADDED: `App: Disable metrics` behavior
- ADDED: LiveScript file type
- ADDED: platform specific startup scripts
- ADDED: typing : in a keymap or behavior file will now complete based on the command/behavior id
- ADDED: `Editor: Toggle line wrapping` command for one off wrapping
- ADDED: Tabsets are now styled as active
- ADDED: The body gets an “active” class when the window is focused
- UPDATED: Latest codemirror
- UPDATED: CLJS 2138
1. Download the IDE at lighttable.com. You may check out your OS type by going to System Settings -> Details
2. Extract the Linux package in your file browser and you’ll see the result folder LightTable in Downloads directory.
3. Press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run below command to move LightTable to /opt/:
sudo mv ~/Downloads/LightTable /opt/
4. Now launch the IDE via:
5. To create a launcher, run:
sudo gedit /usr/share/applications/LightTable.desktop
Paste below section into the file and save it.