Mozilla Firefox web browser has reached version 45. Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04, and their derivatives can now upgrade it via Software Updater.
Firefox 45 comes with following changes:
- Instant browser tab sharing through Hello
- Tabs synced via Firefox Accounts from other devices are now shown in dropdown area of Awesome Bar when searching
- Synced Tabs button in button bar
- a new preference (network.dns.blockDotOnion) to allow blocking .onion at the DNS level
- Tab Groups (Panorama) feature removed
- HTML5 improvements with ES6 classes, a Web Speech synthesis API, and Push API support
- For more, see the release notes
Upgrade to Firefox 45 in Ubuntu:
Ubuntu Team has made the new release into updates/security repositories for all current Ubuntu releases.
So just launch Software Updater, and you’ll see Firefox 45 available in update list after checking for updates:
If you don’t see it, please launch Software & Updates and do:
- switch to “Main Sever” after “Download from” drop-box in first tab.
- make sure the “important security updates” and “recommended updates” are enabled in Updates tab
Finally, relaunch Software Updater to upgrade Firefox web browser.