Mozilla Firefox browser has now reached the 49 release, features HTML5, Reader Mode, and video performance improvements, and Firefox Hello removement.
Mozilla Firefox 49 release highlights:
- Removed Firefox Hello
- Add features to Reader Mode:
- Controls that allow users to adjust the width and line spacing of text
- Narrate, which reads the content of a page out loud
- Improved video performance for users on systems that support SSSE3 without hardware acceleration
- Added context menu controls to HTML5 audio and video
- Other Windows, Mac improvements and various security fixes.
How to upgrade to Firefox 49 in Ubuntu:
For all current Ubuntu releases, including Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04, and their derivatives. The new firefox release will be made into the official Ubuntu updates & security repositories, check the launchpad page.
At that time, you can easily upgrade Firefox browser using the Software Updater (or Update Manager in Mint) utility: