The Oracle Corporation has announced the release of NetBeans IDE 8.2 today. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04.
NetBeans 8.2 features:
- ECMAScript 6 support
- experimental ECMAScript 7 support
- better Node.js support
- improved Oracle JET support
- PHP 7 support
- Docker support
- a new SQL queries profiling mode
- some C/C++ enhancements
Install NetBeans 8.2 in Ubuntu:
1. First install Oracle Java via PPA, or install OpenJDK using Ubuntu Software.
2. Download the NetBeans bundles from the link below:
3. Open terminal from Unity Dash, App Launcher, or via Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut key. When it opens run commands:
- navigate to Downloads folder:
- make the downloaded script executable:
chmod +x netbeans-8.2-javase-linux.sh
- finally run the script:
In the commands, change “netbeans-8.2-javase-linux.sh” with the package name you downloaded.
The last command launches the installer wizard, just follow it and enjoy!
To make the things easier, there’s a installer script (no ready for NetBeans 8.2 yet, check the PPA page) that automatically downloads and installs the latest version of Netbeans IDE including the Java SE, Java EE, C/C++, HTML5 & PHP plugins (‘All’ version on oracle’s download page).
To install the script, run commands below one by one:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vajdics/netbeans-installer sudo apt update sudo apt install netbeans-installer