Handbrake 1.1.1, the first bug-fix release for Handbrake 1.1 series, was released yesterday.
Handbrake 1.1.1 release highlights:
- Fixed a potential crash in the comb detection filter
- Fixed a potential crash in the padding filter
- Fixed decoding certain very high bit rate ultra-high definition sources with extra large packets
- Fixed last frame in source video missing in output
- Fixed crash when decoding an empty audio track
- Updated libraries: libvpx 1.7.0 (VP8/VP9 video encoding), x264 155 r2901 (H.264/AVC video encoding)
- Fixed issues occurring when running multiple HandBrake instances simultaneously
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
How to Install HandBrake 1.1.1 in Ubuntu:
The official HandBrake PPA has built the 1.1.1 release for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 17.10.
The Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 14.04 builds are broken at the moment, check the PPA link before getting started.
1. Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching “terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases
Input your password (no visual feedback while typing due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. Then use Synaptic package manager or run following commands to install the video transcoder:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install handbrake-gtk handbrake-cli
Note: If you installed the distribution build of HandBrake from Ubuntu Software, you need to remove it before installing the new release from PPA.
To remove the software, simply run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove handbrake-gtk handbrake-cli
And launch “Software & Updates -> Other Software” to remove PPAs.