Sigil epub ebook editor 0.9.10 was released earlier today with new features and various bug-fixes.
According to the changelog.txt, Sigil 0.9.10 adds following new features:
- allow plugins to supply their own icon (plugin.png 48×48) for use on the Quick Launch Toolbar icons
- extend plugin interface to include the status of the epub inside Sigil (modified or saved)
- extend plugin interface to include the path to the saved epub file or the null string if never saved
- extend Insert->Special Characters to include both a Greek letter panel and a mathematical symbol panel
- add support for calibre:series and calibre:series_index to Metadata Editor for epub2
- add support for calibre:title_sort to Metadata Editor for epub2
- add support for clicking internal links in Preview to load the proper destination tab
- add support for loading Qt’s base translation files if present. Allows buttons on native qt dialogs to be translated (Windows users may need to manually copy newer qtbase_xx.qm files to Sigil’s translation directory if they didn’t exist in Qt5.6.2)
- allow user to add custom css rules to Preview/Book View by creating a file called “custom_preview_style.css” in the Sigil preferences folder (not responsible for custom css and ebook css fighting with each other)
There are also various bugs fixed in the release, see changelog file for details in Sigil github page.
How to Install Sigil 0.9.10 in Ubuntu:
The new release can be easily installed in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Linux Mint 19/18 via PPA (unofficial) repository.
1. Open terminal by either pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard or searching for “Terminal” from software launcher. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/sigil
Type your user password (no asterisks feedback due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. Then you can upgrade Sigil editor from an existing release via Software Updater:
Or install /upgrade Sigil via commands:
sudo apt update sudo apt install sigil
To remove the PPA repository, launch ‘Software & Updates’ utility and navigate to ‘Other Software’ tab.
To remove Sigil epub editor, either use system package manager or run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove sigil sigil-data