The third bug-fix release for qBittorrent 4.1 was released a day ago with new features, some bug-fixes, web UI and search improvements.
qBittorrent 4.1.3 release highlights:
- Preselect name without extension when renaming files
- Allow setting seq & first/last from context menu without metadata
- Show “N/A” if there is no scrape
- Save option about tracker favicons under correct key
- When file data are unreachable pause torrent and show “Missing Files” status
- Don’t disable DHT when using force proxy
- Correctly save torrent queue position/state/priority changes in fastresume
- Fix icon height/width ratio
- Fix values sorted wrong in “Last Activity” column
- Replace png icons with svg
- Various Web UI improvements
- Refactor in searchjob to always color visited entries
- Set “enter” as shortcut to download the selected torrents in search job
- Add regex option in the search filter’s context menu
- Fix GUI scaling issue on Linux
How to Install qBittorrent 4.1.2 in Ubuntu:
The official qBittorrent PPA maintains qBittorrent binary packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, and derivatives.
1. To add the PPA, open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or searching “Terminal” from app launcher. When it opens, run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Type in your password (no visual feedback while typing due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue.
2. To upgrade from a previous release, launch Software Updater and you’ll see qBittorrent available for upgrade after checking for updates.
Or run commands below to install /upgrade it from terminal:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install qbittorrent
To remove qBittorrent PPA, go to Software & Updates -> Other Software, or run command in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
To remove the bittorrent client, either use your system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove qbittorrent