Liferea (Linux Feed Reader) 1.12.6 was released day. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.10.
Liferea 1.12.6 is a new bug-fix release which resolves several usability problems.
- Add confirmation dialog when adding duplicate subscription
- Fix that when resuming from sleep feeds were being fetched before Wifi came up
- Fix Headerbar plugin “Mark All Read” button is not feed-specific
- Fix scrollbars not always present in the headline area
- Fix that Next update overrides HTML5 enrichment
- Fix overly wide label in enclosure preferences dialog
- Dropped unencrypted warning from auth dialog (not true anymore)
- Adding translatable tooltips for the headerbar plugin
How to Install Liferea 1.12.6 in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 18.10, and derivatives, the new release packages are available in an unofficial PPA repository.
1. Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for ‘terminal’ from app launcher. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
Type your password (no asterisks feedback while typing) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. Then upgrade Liferea via Software Updater utility:
or run commands one by one to install the Linux feed reader:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install liferea
Finally launch the news reader from your application launcher and enjoy! (Log out and log back if you don’t see the icon).
As the PPA also contains many other software packages, you may remove it by launching Software & Updates and navigating to Other Software tab.
If you want to remove the Liferea news reader software, either use your system package manager or run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove liferea liferea-data