Cozy is an open-source audio book player with a modern user interface. It’s written in Python with GTK+ 3, and works in Linux and Mac OS.
Cozy audio-book player features:
- Sort audio books by author, reader & name
- Remembers playback position
- Sleep timer
- Playback speed control
- Offline Mode
- Drag & Drop to import audio books
- Support for DRM free mp3, m4a (aac, ALAC, …), flac, ogg, wav files
- Mpris integration (Media keys & playback info for desktop environment)
How to Install Cozy in Ubuntu 18.04 & Higher:
Cozy audio book player is available as Flatpak package which runs in sandbox.
Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcut or by searching for ‘terminal’ from application menu. When it opens, run following commands one by one.
1. Copy and paste the command and run to install flatpak framework:
sudo apt-get install flatpak
2. Add flathub, the official repository hosts most Flatpak packages:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
4. Finally install Cozy by running command:
flatpak install flathub com.github.geigi.cozy
Once installed, launch the software either from application menu and enjoy!
To remove the Cozy audio book player, run command in terminal:
flatpak uninstall com.github.geigi.cozy