The new stable Opera 49 was released earlier today with built-in VR playback system, feature improvements, and more.
Opera 49 release highlights:
- VR playback system that supports 360-degree vedios, 2D movies or standard 180-degree videos.
- Integrate VK Messenger into browser sidebar.
- Add editing tools and selfie mode in Snapshot tool.
- Add five new currencies for the currency converter.
- Ability to rearrange extension icons
- Refined private mode, O-Menu and History panel improvements
- See release note for details.
How to Install Opera 49 in Ubuntu:
The opera website offers official .deb binaries for Ubuntu Linux, available for download at the link below:
If you have a previous release installed, and enabled the official Opera Linux repository, upgrade it via Software Updater:
To manually add the Opera for Linux repository, open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or from app launcher, when it opens, run commands:
1. Add the opera repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://deb.opera.com/opera-stable/ stable non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera.list'
2. Get the key:
wget -O - http://deb.opera.com/archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
Finally either install Opera via your system package manager or upgrade the browser via Software Updater.