Cantata, a graphical MPD client for KDE and QT, has reached the 1.5.2 release. Both Qt and KDE build available for Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 15.04 and Linux Mint 17 users.
Cantata started off as a fork of QtMPC, mainly to provide better KDE integration – by using KDE libraries/classes wherever possible. However, the code (and user interface) is now very different to that of QtMPC, and both KDE and Qt (Linux) builds have the same feature set.
The first stable release in 2015, Cantata 1.5.2, was released a few hours ago with below changes:
- Fix Ubuntu Touch builds.
- When refreshing search menu, clear items first!
- Fix setting of cover when existing cover is embedded in music file.
- Fix OSX executable name for case-sensitive filesystems.
- Hide ratings widgets, etc, in tag editor for devices and Mopidy, etc.
- Use Control+Alt+Number as shortcut to toggle an output.
- Don’t allow to set short-cuts for actions that are menus.
- Add high-dpi support to Linux and Windows Qt5.4 builds.
- When calculating ReplayGain, if peak value is less than 0.00001 then assume the calculation is invalid.
- When parsing podcast RSS, if episode is marked as video (e.g. video/mp4) but the url ends in an audio extension then it is proably an audio podcast.
- Correctly initialise search category.
- Fix potential crashes on refresh.
- Fix duplicate notification when Cantata is started whilst playing, or when ‘Replace Play Queue’ is used.
- Only show output change notification if outputs menu was not previously empty.
- Construct a new config object, rather than changing group, to avoid any race conditions.
- If fading volume on stop, then reset volume just before stopping. Some outputs (e.g. pulse audio) only allow setting a volume whilst playing.
- If ‘url’ entry is empty in ‘enclosure’ section of podcast RSS file, then use ‘guid’ text as url – if possible.
- Fix copying of covers to UMS, etc, devices if song is transcoded.
- Add an option for 64 bit non KDE linux builds to install helper apps to lib64 instead of just lib. Pass -DCANTATA_HELPERS_LIB_DIR=lib64 to cmake.
- In tag editor, only mark rating as changed if it has been.
- For Linux non-KDE builds, use login1 interface to detect system resuming.
- Enable scrobble ‘love’ button even if scrobbling is disabled.
- Don’t crash when detecting an audio CD with no tracks.
- When playing a digitally imported (or JazzRadiom, etc) stream from the favourites section, then modify the URL if the user has a premium account (to match what existing behaviour is stream is played from the station list)
- Workaround build issues with SpeexDSP 1.2rc2
- Use correct stream icon in playqueue for streams with no song details.
- Fix FreeBSD build.
- Respect carriage returns when displaying comments in context view.
- Fix replaygain calculation when ffmpeg is using planar formats.
- Enable ‘save’ button when reading ratings from multiple files.
- Fix cantata-remote script (used for Unity launcher integration) when this uses qdbus.
- Fix display of rating in tag dialog when only 1 file is being edited.
- Fix fetching of ratings in table style playqueue.
- Don’t convert -ve track, disc, or years to unsigned – set to 0.
- Bundle openSSL libs with windows builds.
How to Install Cantata 1.5.2 in Ubuntu:
Open terminal from the Dash/Menu or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard. When it opens, run below commands one by one:
For KDE users, run commands one by one to install Cantata from PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/cantata sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cantata
For Qt built without KDE libraries, install Cantata from another PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/cantata-qt sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cantata