PCSX2 is a PlayStation 2 emulator, a free program that tries to replicate the PlayStation 2 console to enable you to play PS2 games on Windows, Linux.
- Custom resolutions, up to 4096×4096, Anti Aliasing and Texture filtering to make your old PS2 games look better than their HD remakes!
- Unlimited memory cards
- Save states, enabling you to quick save and load practically anywhere in your game
- Easy cheating using our pnach patching system
- Use any controller (PS3,Xbox360 etc) that works on Windows, keyboards and mice
- Increase or decrease the game speed by using the built-in frame-limiter for fast grinding or passing hard spots by slowing them down
- Ability to record in full HD with the built-in video recorder (F12 using the GSdx plugin)
How to Install PCSX2 in Ubuntu:
The program has been made into official Ubuntu repositories since Ubuntu 15.10 Wily, but Canonical does not provide future update for this program. To get the latest version, you may use the official PCSX2 PPA, available for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04, and derivatives.
1. Add PPA.
Open terminal from Unity Dash, Application Launcher, or via Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut key. When it opens, paste below command and hit run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa
Type in your password (no visual feedback just type in mind) when it asks, and hit enter to continue.
2. After that, run below commands one to install the program:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install pcsx2
Or upgrade it via Software Updater if you have a previous release installed.
3. To be able to run the emulator, you have to dump the BIOS file from your Playstation 2 console, which is not included with PCSX2 due to Sony copyright. See this forum thread.
Finally start the emulator, follow the first time configuration wizard, and enjoy!
4. (Optional) Uninstall PCSX2 via Software Center, or by running below command:
sudo apt-get remove pcsx2; sudo apt-get autoremove
And remove the PPA by launching Software & Updates, and navigate to Other Software tab.
I have a problem.>>
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
unity-control-center : Depends: libcheese-gtk23 (>= 3.4.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libcheese7 (>= 3.0.1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
sudo apt-get install libcheese7 libcheese-gtk23
Than install pcsx2