NVIDIA announced the new Linux driver 430 series a day ago with GTX 1650 support. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, and higher.
NVIDIA 430.09 was released as first beta with following new features:
- New GPUs Support. GeForce GTX 1650, GeForce GTX 1650 with Max-Q Design, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design
- Added HEVC YUV 4:4:4 decode support to the NVIDIA VDPAU driver.
- Raised the minimum supported X.Org xserver version to 1.7
- Added support for the GL_NV_vdpau_interop2 OpenGL extension
- Bug-fixes, and various other VDPAU additions
How to Install NVIDIA Driver 430.09 in Ubuntu:
The Graphics Drivers Team PPA has built the 430.09 packages for all current Ubuntu releases, though it’s still in beta stage.
1. Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcut or by searching for ‘terminal’ from application menu. When it opens, run command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
Type user password (no asterisk feedback due to security reason) when it prompts and hit Enter to continue adding PPA.
2. For Linux Mint 19, you may need to run command to refresh system package cache:
sudo apt update
3. Launch Software & Updates utility, and navigate to Additional Drivers tab.
Then choose using “NVIDIA driver metapackage from nvidia-driver-430” from the list and click Apply Changes.
In addition, if the driver does not install after clicking ‘Apply Changes’, try running command in terminal:
sudo apt install nvidia-driver-430 nvidia-settings
For unmet dependency issue, try removing old NVIDIA proprietary drivers first.
It worked for me. Thank you.
Thank you so much! This saved my installation. :-)
ubuntu 16.04 not in package list updtated changed servers but max driver version 384
i have followed each and every points. but i didn’t work for me. my laptop is msi gf 63 9sc.
That’s awesome. Works for me. Thank you. In case anyone like me:
Acer – Nitro 5 15.6″ Gaming Laptop – Intel Core i5 – 8GB Memory – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 – 1TB Hard Drive + 128GB SSD – Black
Thank you so much.
hi this didn’t work for me. I’m on a MSI 15 prestige, kernel linux 5.3.6