After 4 years and 5 months of development, Xfce 4.14 was finally released today. Xfce 4.14 sees all core components ported to Gtk3 and GDBus, most components received GObject Introspection support.
Xfce 4.14 release highlights:
- Window manager xfwm4 now supports Vsync
- Improved GLX support with NVIDIA proprietary source drivers
- better HiDPI support, and support for XInput2
- The desktop and panel support for RandR’s primary monitor feature
- per-panel “icon-size” setting, new default clock format and clock format evaluator
- save and (automatically) restore complete multi-display configurations
- support RandR display scaling (configured via Xfconf).
- added a switch user button in the logout dialog
- Thunar now supports for larger thumbnails, and a “folder.jpg” file altering the folder’s icon.
- Add “Do Not Disturb” mode for notification.
- MPRIS2 support in PulseAudio panel plugin
- And much more other changes. See the official announcement.
Xfce 4.12 tour (coming soon): https://xfce.org/about/tour