As you may know, FrostWire is a free and high quality BitTorrent client. The latest version 5.6.4 fixed a few bugs and updated translations.
- Fixes issues parsing some cloud urls.
- Fixes issues with soundcloud meta search.
- Spanish translation updated.
- French translation updated. Thanks @jeromemorignot.
- Portuguese translation updated. Thanks @tati110.
- Brazilian Portuguese translation updated. Thanks @tati110.
- Arabic translation updated. Thanks @nisrmasr.
- Turkish translation updated. Thanks @Serrae.
Interested? Here’s how to install or upgrade in Ubuntu 13.10, Ubuntu 13.04, Ubuntu 12.10, Ubuntu 12.04 and their derivatives.
Before getting started, you need to install OpenJDK from Ubuntu Software Center or install Oracle Java via ppa
1.) You can always download the latest Debs for Ubuntu based system from the official download link:
Then double click to install the Deb via pop-up Ubuntu Software Center.
2.) The other way to install FrostWire is using the GetDeb repository. Press Ctrl+Alt+T on your keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run below commands one by one:
wget http://archive.getdeb.net/install_deb/getdeb-repository_0.1-1~getdeb1_all.deb sudo dpkg -i getdeb-repository_0.1-1~getdeb1_all.deb sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install frostwire