Codeslayer is a source code editor that boasts a clean interface but powerful features. It is written in C using the GTK+ toolkit.
Codeslayer aims to be a light-weight source code editor that provided the functionality that is used on a daily basis without all the bloat of a full blown IDE. Codeslayer has following features that a base source editor just has to have:
- A tabbed editor interface
- The find and replace built right into the editor
- A file navigation system built into the side pane
- The file navigation is organized into projects
- The projects are organized into profiles
- A really nice global search across the projects
- plugin system
The latest packages for Ubuntu 13.10, Ubuntu 12.04 and old versions for other Ubuntu releases are available in GetDeb repository.
1. To add Getdeb repository:
For Ubuntu users, download and install this deb.
For Linux Mint users, there’s an option under Software Sources -> Additional repositories to enable GetDeb
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard to open terminal. Run command to update package lists:
sudo apt-get update
3. Install the source code editor:
sudo apt-get install codeslayer
You can also use Synaptic Package Manager (available in Software Center) to install the app if you hate Linux commands.