Liferea, a web feed reader and news aggregator, has reached version 1.10.12 with a few bug fixes. PPA’s ready for Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04.
Liferea is a free and open-source RSS reader for Linux that features:
- Read articles when offline.
- Synchronizes with InoReader, Reedah, TheOldReader, TinyTinyRSS,
- Permanently save headlines in news bins.
- Match items using search folders.
- Play Podcasts in Liferea.
The last release 1.10.12 fixed below bugs:
- Support HTTP content negotiation (suggested by DanMan)
- Problems with dark Adwaita theme in GTK 3.14
- Stop calling Atom person constructs w/ URI invalid (patch by Aristotle Pagaltzis)
Install or Upgrade Liferea in Ubuntu:
The latest packages have been made into PPA, available for Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04 and their derivatives such as Linux Mint 13 / 17, Elementary OS Luna.
To add the PPA, press Ctrl+Alt+T to open terminal. When it opens, paste the command below and hit run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
Type in user password when it asks – no visual feed back – and finally install or upgrade the RSS reader via command:
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install liferea
After that you can receive future updates from the PPA by running regular updates via Software Updater.