Krita 3.1.3 was released with a ton of bug fixes and some new features. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 17.10 via PPA.
Krita 3.1.3 features:
- scale around pivot point added
- implement context menu actions for default tool (cut, copy, paste, object ordering)
- added option to allow multiple instances of krita
- over 50 bug fixes, see the release note.
How to Install Krita 3.1.3 in Ubuntu:
Krita Lime PPA has built the packages for Ubuntu 16.10 and higher. Do following steps to add the PPA and install Krita 3.1.3:
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “Terminal” from start menu. When it opens, run command to add PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kritalime/ppa
2. Then upgrade from a previous release by launching Software Updater (Update Manager):
Or run the command in terminal to install / upgrade Krita:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install krita
How to Restore:
Run following command will remove the PPA as well as downgrade Krita to the stock version in your main Ubuntu repository:
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:kritalime/ppa