The open-source painting software Krita 4.0.4 was released a few days ago as the fourth bugfix release for Krita 4.0 series.
Here is the list of bug fixes in Krita 4.0.4:
- Fix artefacts when painting with a pixel brush on a transparency mask
- Fix a race condition when using generator layers
- Fix a crash when editing a transform mask
- Add preset memory to the Ten Brushes Script, to make switching back and forward between brush presets more smooth.
- Improve the performance of the stroke layer style
- Do not allow nesting of .kra files: using a .kra file with embedded file layers as a file layer would break on loading.
- Keep the alpha channel when applying the threshold filter
- Do not use the name of the bundle file as a tag automatically
- Fix selecting colors when using the python palette docker script
- Restore the last used colors on starting Krita, not when creating a new view
- Allow creating a layer group if the currently selected node is a mask
- Show the correct opacity in the segment gradient editor
- Remove the obsolete shortcuts for the old text and artistic text tool
- Allow setting the multibrush angle in fractions
- Fix painting of pass-through group layers in isolated mode
- Improve performance of loading OpenEXR files
- Autosaving will now happen even if Krita is kept very busy
- Improve loading of the default language
- Fix color picking when double-clicking
- Fix inconsistent frame numbering when calling FFMpeg
- Fix channel swizzling problem on macOS, where in 16 and 32 bits floating point channel depths red and blue would be swapped
- Fix accepting touch events with recent Qt versions
- Fix integration with the Breeze theme: Krita no longer tries to create widgets in threads
- Fix the batch mode flag when loading images from Python
Download / Install Krita 4.0.4 in Ubuntu:
Krita Lime PPA contains Krita packages for Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 17.10. The latest 4.0.4 packages will be made into the PPA in a few days.
Krita website offers Appimage, a single executable (non-install) file to launch the software. It’s available for download at the link below:
Once you get the appimage, do:
- Right-click file to go to its Properties -> Permissions.
- Check the box that says ‘Allow executing file as program’
- Finally right-click on the appimage and select Run.