Linux Mint 19, a popular Ubuntu-based Linux distribution, was officially released today for Cinnamon, MATE, and Xfce editions.
Linux Mint 19, codename “Tara”, is a long term support (LTS) which will be supported until 2023. It ships with Linux kernel 4.15 and based on Ubuntu 18.04.
Linux Mint 19 features:
- Ships with Cinnamon 3.8, MATE 1.20, Xfce 4.12 for respective editions.
- TimeShift now is used for performing OS system snapshots (system restore points).
- Brand new welcome screen.
- Various improvements to Update Manager and Software Manager.
- Great improvements for HiDPI support
- The multimedia codecs now include the Microsoft fonts.
- All the Mint tools support HiDPI, GTK3 and Python3.
- XApps, Artwork, and many other improvements.