Liferea (Linux Feed Reader) 1.12.7 was released a day ago. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.04.
Though it’s been 8 months since the last release, Liferea 1.12.7 is a small release with a few bug-fixes:
- Fix crash when selecting empty nodes.
- Fix out-dated documentation on Firefox live bookmarks
- Fix headline large images/videos or images with margins causing horizontal scrolling in headline view
How to Install Liferea 1.12.7 in Ubuntu:
The ppa repository contains the latest Liferea packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.04, and derivatives.
1. Open terminal either via Ctrl+Alt+T keyboard shortcut or by searching for ‘terminal’ from application menu. When it opens, run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
Type user password (no asterisk feedback while typing) when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. Then upgrade Liferea via Software Updater utility:
or run commands one by one to install the Linux feed reader:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install liferea
Finally launch the news reader from your application launcher and enjoy!
As the PPA also contains many other software packages, you may remove it by launching Software & Updates and navigating to Other Software tab.
If you want to remove the Liferea news reader software, either use your system package manager or run command in terminal:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove liferea liferea-data