The free and open-source raw image processing program ‘RawTherapee’ has reached version 4.1. New features, enhancements, and a list of new supported devices are added in this release.
According to the announcement, following new features and enhancements are added in this release:
- Pipette tool for curves.
- Support for floating-point HDR raw DNG images.
- Enhanced look for all tools (panel background).
- Enhanced look for crop guides, zoom guides, straightening line, Navigator panel and detail windows.
- Enhanced focus mask.
- Skin-tones targetting for Contrast by Detail Levels tool.
- “None” demosaicing method to show the raw image without demosaicing.
- New algorithm for orange, yellow, cyan, purple and magenta in the Black-and-White tool.
- Set the cache and config paths using environment variables.
- JPEG subsampling parameter in the command-line interface
- The opened/closed state of the left and right panels of the File Browser tab is now remembered between sessions.
- RawTherapee’s window size and position are remembered between sessions.
- When cropping, click anywhere without dragging to clear crop.
- Added ‘no wait’ option (-w) for command-line (Windows only).
- dcraw 9.20 Revision: 1.461.
- For new added devices and other details, see the release note.
Install RawTherapee 4.1 in Ubuntu 14.04:
Besides building from the source code. We can install this release from a third-party PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rawtherapee
Or directly download the .deb package from the launchpad page.
Great job. Thanks.