Avidemux, a free and open-source video editor, sees a new release after more than one year since the last.
Avidemux 2.6.9 brings some new features such as:
- x265 support
- Qt5 support
- Compatibility with newer VAAPI.
- Simple support for nvenc (linux).
The new release also brings updated ffmpeg libraries, better compatibility with Dash file, Flv., AvsProxy improvements, and plenty of bug-fixes.
How to install Avidemux in Ubuntu:
For Ubuntu 14.04, and Ubuntu 15.04, the new release has been made into GetDeb repository. To install or upgrade the software, follow below steps:
1. Add GetDeb repository. Open Software & Updates utility and navigate to Other Software tab.
Click on the Add… button and paste below line for 15.04:
deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu vivid-getdeb apps
For 14.04, use below line instead:
deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu trusty-getdeb apps
2. Open terminal from the Dash or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard. When it opens, run command to get the keyring:
wget -q -O- http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
3. Finally install the software via Synaptic package manager, or by running below commands one by one:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install avidemux2.6
Above command installs the GTK version, for Qt version, run:
sudo apt-get install avidemux2.6-qt
That’s it. Enjoy!