Free accounting software GnuCash got a new update recently for its 2.6 stable series.
GnuCash 2.6.18 is primarily comprised of bug fixes, including 2 bugs that are six years old. They are:
- Calendar of upcoming SXes has various display issues.
- Interdependent report options fail to change state after using apply for a limited number of times.
- Set Invoice/Bill items date correctly from imported CSV.
- unifying “Clear the entry.” tooltip on Loan Repayment Calculator.
- Persian currency symbol is doubled.
- Added Catalan Accounts for the New Account Assistant
- Fixed errors from loading init.py.
- Run the python bindings tests in a CMake build.
- Implement dist, distcheck, and uninstall targets for CMake build.
How to Install GnuCash in Ubuntu:
GetDeb repository contains the most recent GnuCash packages for Ubuntu 16.04, and Ubuntu 17.04, though the 2.6.18 is not available at the moment (Be patient, it will be available in a few days).
1. To add the repository, open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc)-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'
For Linux Mint 18.x, replace
$(lsb_release -sc) in the code with
2. Then install the key so to trust the updates from the repository via command:
wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
3. Once the new release is published in that repository, use Software Updater to upgrade it:
or install GnuCash for the first time via either system package manager or run commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gnucash
To remove GnuCash financial-accounting software, either use system package manager or run command:
sudo apt-get remove --autoremove gnucash
To remove GetDeb repository, launch “Software & Updates” utility and navigate to Other Software tab.